Dakota Dental is pleased to announce the reopening of its wellness center! Patients are now able to resume their appointments at our Apple Valley location for general cleanings, orthodontic procedures, implants, tooth fillings, and other elective dental care services!
In compliance with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Minnesota Board of Dentistry, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we have implemented new policies to help protect our patients and care team from exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). These practices are designed to help you and your loved ones feel safe, comfortable, and confident during your next appointment.
Here is a brief overview of what you can expect during your next visit with our team!
What You Can Expect During Your Visit
- Door Check Ins: To support social distancing and give our patients and team members the adequate space to remain six feet apart, we are limiting access to our waiting room and lobby area. When you arrive for your appointment, you can send our team a text or call the office directly from your mobile device to let them know you are here for your appointment. Our team will check in with your hygienist or assistant, and once she is ready, you will be asked to enter the wellness center. We ask that, if possible, all patients arrive alone to their individual appointments.
- Temperature Check: Once you arrive inside, your friendly hygienist or assistant will take your temperature before walking you back into your room. If a patient registers 100.4F or above, he or she will be asked to reschedule the appointment at a later date.
- Mask Availability: We encourage all patients to wear a mask or cloth face covering, as the CDC If you do not have access to a mask, we offer a supply for patient use. Just ask our front desk when you arrive!
- Air Filters in Clinic: There are Medical Grade Hepa Air Filters located inside our clinic. One is situated in our waiting area and one in our back hall. These filters help filter out tiny virus particles to reduce transmission in the air.
- COVID-19 Screening: We will now be sending patients a COVID-19 Screening questionnaire via text, email or in person prior to your next appointment, which will help us understand if you’ve had any preexisting conditions that may make you more vulnerable to COVID-19 complications.
- Sanitization Stations: Upon entering the building, we ask that you wash your hands or use the sanitizing station at the front of the clinic.
- PPE: Our dental team has enhanced the use of personal protective equipment, added time to each appointment for added sterilization, and reduced the number of patients in the clinic at a time. A $10 PPE fee will be added to each visit, which may be covered by some insurance.
Should you schedule an appointment for an emergency service or oral extraction procedure, please read the following policies and protocols that we have outlined regarding the sanitization of equipment and supplies required for your treatment.
Keep Your Teeth in Optimal Condition
Your oral cavity and surrounding structures are correlated with all the other aspects of your body’s health. And the bacteria in your mouth has been shown to be associated with many comorbidities of human disease. If left untreated, bacteria has a detrimental effect on your immune system and overall health. Therefore, visiting your dental team regularly is essential to your health and long-term wellness!
To make an appointment with our wellness clinic, or if you have questions about our new policies and protocols, please reach out to your Dakota Dental team today!
We look forward to welcoming you back and helping you achieve a healthy smile again!